1. The cross as a Christian symbol came into use as early as the 2nd century and the marking of a cross upon the forehead and the chest was regarded as a talisman against the powers of demons.
2. In the 4th century, Constantine the Great adopted the cross as the symbol of his banner.
3. The Feast of the Cross, an important Christian feast, is celebrated in 12 different dates in the calendar known as Great Feasts.
4. The world’s highest cross is the one located in Valle de los Caidos. This gigantic cross, with a height of 150-meter and can be seen as far as 32 km, is located near Madrid in Spain.
5. One of the biggest crosses in the world is the Millennium Cross in Skopje, Macedonia. It is 66 meters in height.
To know more interesting facts about the Cross, check out www.wooden-cross.com now!